Over 350 asset and property managers will come together to share and learn best practices on March 23, 2016 at the 6th annual IREM Asset & Property Management Symposium to be held at the New York Academy of Sciences in 7 World Trade Center. This content-driven event features an information-rich learning experience, where you will be exposed to new concepts and come away with new project and career ideas to put into action.
Take advantage of the multi-track format of panels, presentations, workshops and seminars by bringing several colleagues from your organization. Group pricing will allow you to save while being sure your organization doesn’t miss any important content. The event won’t take up your full day, and you be able to enjoy the education along with a breakfast, snack break, lunch and post-conference reception.
New for this year’s conference: We are including 8 inspiring and informative “TED-style” talks which will focus on important hot topics that impact your career and work.
The conference will address a wide breadth of issues including:
- Managing social media to improve and maintain reputation
- Overcoming challenges asset and property managers face in 2016
- Tech innovations and trends to improve building performance
- What today’s mergers & acquisitions mean to your career
- Best practices for managing your property during re-development
- Strategies for hiring and retaining good people
- What you and your tenants need to know about active shooter situations
- How to connect your disparate systems into a single control dashboard
Featured Keynote Speakers:
John Gilbert, EVP & COO, Rudin Management
John is COO/EVP/CTO of Rudin Management Company (RMC). RMC manages over 15 million square feet of commercial and residential space that is owned by the Rudin Family. RMC is the largest privately owned real estate company in NYC. John has been involved in every major project the company has built over the last 20 years including the redevelopment and creation of the world’s first smart building at 55 Broad Street (1995-1996), the development of the Reuters Building at 3 Times Square (1998-2001), the redevelopment of the former ATT Long Lines Building at 32 Avenue of the Americas (1999-2002), the redevelopment of 130 West 12th Street (2010-2011), as well as the redevelopment of The Greenwich Lane (2006-2014). He is acknowledged nationally as an industry thought leader in the integration of technology into the built environment and a co-inventor of DiBOSS.
Joseph Stettinius, Chief Executive of the Americas, Cushman & Wakefield
Joe provides strategic vision and leadership for the company’s operations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and South America. He also held the position of Chief Executive Americas at DTZ prior to its merger with Cushman & Wakefield.
Before DTZ’s merger with Cassidy Turley in early 2015, Joe served as Cassidy Turley’s CEO, where he helped achieve record-breaking performance and significant revenue increase, and guided the firm through consolidation with former affiliates in the Western U.S., the acquisition of Tampa-based CLW Real Estate Services Group, and Cassidy Turley’s sale to a TPG-led investment consortium. Earlier, he was Cassidy Turley’s President and formerly held senior leadership positions at Trammell Crow and Equity Office Properties Trust.
Joe is a member of the Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington. He was recognized as one of Commercial Property Executive’s “Most Influential People in Real Estate” list in 2013 and was Washington Business Journal’s “Most Admired CEO” in 2013.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Michael D’Onofrio, Managing Director, Engineered Tax Services
- John Gilbert, EVP & COO, Rudin Management
- Zach Goldman, Managing Principal & Director – Operations, TGM Associates
- Jamie Gorski, Chief Marketing Officer, The Bozzuto Group
- Darnell Holloway, Director – Business Outreach, Yelp
- Sandy Jacolow, Chief Information Officer, Silverstein Properties
- Edward LaGrassa, Senior Asset Management Advisor, Carlyle
- Doug Lawrence, Managing Principal, 5 Stone Green Capital
- Elizabeth Majkowski, Senior Vice President, SL Green
- Chris Mellen, 2016 President, IREM National
- Theresa Morzello, Managing Director, CBRE
- Sara Queen, EVP – Asset Management, Brookfield Properties
- Scott Sidman, Senior Vice President, Building Engines
- George Stefan, Director – Engineering Services, TIAA-CREF
- Joseph Stettinius, Chief Executive – Americas, Cushman & Wakefield
- Brandon Weber, Founder & CEO, Hightower
- Julie Zuraw, Chief Operation Officer, Argo Real Estate
Agenda Highlights Include:
- Morning Keynote: John Gilbert, EVP & COO of Rudin Management
- The Second Wave: How a New Breed of Innovation will Reshape the CRE Industry Over the Next 5 Years
- At the Summit: Asset & Property Management Challenges in 2016
- 1 to 5 Stars: Reputation Management & Social Media
- Real Estate 3.0: Tech Innovations and Trends You Need to Know
- Midas Touch: Adding Value to your Properties
- Back to Basics: Strategies for Hiring and Retaining Good People
- Active Shooter: What You and Your Tenants Need to Know
- Afternoon Keynote: Joseph Stettinius, Chief Executive of the Americas of Cushman & Wakefield
Additional Sessions to be Announced!