The top asset and property management firms attended the IREM Asset & Property Management Symposium on March 18.
|2015 Attendee Breakdown:|
Featured Keynote Speakers:
Morning Keynote: Creating a Sustainable Civic Footprint
Stacey Cumberbatch, NYC Commissioner, Department of Citywide Administrative Services
Mayor Bill de Blasio appointed Stacey Cumberbatch as the Commissioner of the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (“DCAS”) on February 10, 2014. DCAS ensures that city agencies have the critical resources and support needed to provide the best possible services to the public. Specifically, the agency supports city agencies’ workforce needs in recruiting, hiring and training city employees; provides overall facilities management for 50 public buildings; purchases, sells and leases real property; purchases, inspects and distributes supplies and equipment; establishes, audits and pays utility accounts that serve more than 4,000 buildings; and implements energy conservation programs throughout city facilities.
Afternoon Keynote: Resilience In Urban Planning & Development
Jonathan Rose, President, Jonathan Rose Companies
Jonathan F.P. Rose’s business, public policy and not-for-profit work all focus on creating a more environmentally, socially and economically resilient world. In 1989, Mr. Rose founded Jonathan Rose Companies LLC, a multi-disciplinary real estate development, planning, and investment firm which has successfully completed more than $1.5 billion of work. In 2005, the firm launched the nation’s first green transit oriented acquisition and redevelopment fund, followed by green affordable housing and office transformation funds.
This year’s event built upon that success of last year’s, delivering:
- 6 panels of leading commentary on challenges and opportunities in:
- Natural Disaster & Risk Management
- Evolution of Leasing in NY
- The Cutting Edge in Sustainability
- Building Finance
- Bridge Between Asset & Property Management
- An inside look into what’s top of mind both from a broad range of perspectives, from institutional players to mid-size firms and smaller owners.
- An in-depth look at the big changes and new opportunities being created by both new technologies and shifting management strategies.
- A top level look from some of the most experienced asset & property managers on case studies from the past year and changes coming in 2015.
Confirmed Speakers Included:
- Michael Aisner, Portfolio Property Manager, RXR Realty
- David Amsterdam, Vice President – Leasing, SL Green
- Michelle Berliner, Vice President, Brookfield
- Daniel Bodner, Vice President – Leasing, Kushner Companies
- Christopher Cayten, Managing Director, CodeGreen Solutions
- Nathan Collier, Principal & Chairman, Collier Companies
- Andrew Cooke, Vice President – Property Management, Hines
- Stacey Cumberbatch, NYC Commissioner, Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- Richard Doetsch, Chief Executive Officer, C&C Apartment Management
- Gail Duke, 2nd Vice President, New York Life Investment Management
- Nick Gaudiosi, Vice President – Security, Morgan Stanley
- Mitchell Gelberg, Managing Director – Property Management, Rose Associates
- Christine Harada, Acting Chief of Staff, General Services Administration
- Patrick Healey, Vice President – Head of Real Estate, Zurich
- Jason Kalish, Senior Counsel, CompassRock
- Lesley Lisser, Director & Senior Asset Manager, Invesco
- David McBride, Vice President – Leasing, Brookfield
- Carly Miller, Vice President, Prudential
- Shari Natovitz, Director – Risk Management, Silverstein Properties & World Trade Center Properties
- Alfred Ojejinmi, Senior Vice President, IREM
- Angela Pinsky, SVP – Management Services & Government Affairs, REBNY
- Patricia Revellese, Property Manager, SL Green
- André Rochette, Founding President & CEO, Ecosystem
- Nick Romito, Founder & CEO, VTS, Inc.
- Jonathan Rose, President, Jonathan Rose Companies
- Marwan Saidi, Manager – Property Systems, RFR Realty
- Jonathan Schultz, Co-Founder & Principal, Onyx Equities
- Scott Sidman, Senior Vice President, Building Engines
- Emily Small, Manager – Customer Energy Solutions, New York Power Authority
- Frank Socci, Principal & Director – Property Management, NAI Long Island
- Lisa Speltz, Head – Net Lease Asset Management, Angelo, Gordon, & Co.
- Nicholas Stolatis, Senior Director – Global Sustainability, TIAA-CREF
- Ira Tannebaum, Director – Public/Private Initiatives, NYC Office of Emergency Management
- Brandon Weber, Founder & CEO, Hightower
- Howard White, Executive Vice President, Maxons Restorations
Agenda Highlights Included:
- Tower in the Sky: The Interplay of Office Marketing, Leasing & Tenant Demographics
- The Second Wave: How a New Breed of Innovation will Reshape the CRE Industry Over the Next 5 Years
- Morning Keynote: Creating a Sustainable Civic Footprint
- The Urgency of Preparedness: Natural Disaster & Risk Management
- The Devil’s in the Details: The Cutting Edge of Maintenance & Operational Best Practices
- The Sustainable City: Evolving Technology & Best Practices
- The 20K Foot View: The Art of Asset Management
- Top Property Managers: Property Management Power Panel
- Afternoon Keynote: Resilience In Urban Planning & Development